Oil on canvas
171 x 230cm
2000-2004 Diploma of Photography, TAFE N.S.W (Ultimo Campus), Graduated with Portfolio of the Year Award.
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS:
- 2012 1000 Years Beside Myself, Boutwell Draper Gallery, Sydney.
- 2011 Ben Ali Ong, Edwina Corlette Gallery, Brisbane.
- 2011 Ballads of the Dead and Dreaming, Tim Olsen Gallery, Sydney.
- 2010 Ben Ali Ong, Sydney Art Fair, Tim Olsen Gallery.
- 2010 Songs For Sorrow, Tim Olsen Gallery, Sydney.
- 2009 BEN ALI ONG, Sydney Art Fair, United Galleries, Sydney.
- 2009 BLACK SUN (THE ART OF DYING), Queensland Centre for Photography.
- 2009 BEN ALI ONG, Powerhouse Museum, Brisbane.
- 2008 REFLUENT HOURS, Queensland Centre for Photography, Brisbane.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS:
- 2012 SH Contemporary Art Fair, Retrospect Galleries, Shanghai.
- 2012 London Art Fair, Comodaa Gallery, London.
- 2011 Heat, Tim Olsen Gallery Sydney.
- 2011 Autumn, Tim Olsen Gallery, Sydney.
- 2011 WATTLE, Cat Street Gallery, Hong Kong.
- 2010 Concert for the Cure, Shapiro Gallery.
- 2010 Miscellanea, Tim Olsen Gallery, Sydney.
- 2010 Double Exposure, Viscopy Gallery, Sydney.
- 2010 Screen, National Art School, Sydney.
- 2009 Hip Pop, United Galleries, Sydney.
- 2009 Unwrapped, United Galleries, Perth.
- 2009 30x40, United Galleries, Sydney.
- 2009 PAINTED PHOTOGRAPHS, Viewfinder Gallery, London.
- 2009 EMERGING, Gosford Regional Gallery.
- 2007 PHOTOGRAPHY AND INSTALLATION, Wallspace Gallery, Sydney.
- 2007 CROSS PROJECTIONS, Tusculum House, Royal Australian Institute of Architects, Sydney.
Queensland Centre for Photography.
Sharpe Brothers – Gosford, N.S.W
Private Collections across Australia and Europe.
2011 Saxony Fashion Label, Sydney Installation.
– 2010 Saxony Fashion Label, Melbourne Central Installation.
- 2010 Volcolm Signature Artist Series clothing.
SELECTED PRIZES AND AWARDS:
- 2012 Selected for the Redlands Art Prize Emerging Artist Award and Exhibition.
- 2011 Josephine Ulrick and Win Shubert Photography Award Finalist
- 2010 Blake Prize Finalist
- 2010 CLIP Photographic Landscape Prize Finalist.
- 2010 Alice Art Prize Finalist.
- 2010 Head On Photographic Portrait Prize Finalist.
- 2009 Mosman Photo Festival Prize- Winner.
- 2009 Murrundi Art Prize Finalist.
- 2009 Blake Prize Finalist
- 2009 Gosford Regional Gallery – Sharpe Brothers Acquisitive Prize Winner
- 2009 Olive Cotton Photographic Prize Finalist.
- 2009 Moran Photographic Prize Finalist
- 2008 Mosman Festival Photography Competition Finalist.
- 2008 He Who Explores Art Award Finalist – Walker St. Gallery.
- 2008 Macarthur Cook Art Award Finalist.
- 2008 Waverly Art Prize Finalist.
- 2008 Olive Cotton Photographic Prize Finalist.
- 2008 Stanthorpe Art Prize Finalist.
- 2007 Mosman Festival of Photography Competition – Runner up prize.
- 2007 Selected for Cross Projections, a cinematic screening as part of the Kings Cross Art Guild.
- 2007 Moran Photographic Prize Finalist.
- Ben Ali Ong, Self Published.
- MARCH/APRIL Australian Art Collector, Profile. Author; Jane Sommerville.
- MARCH 2011 Sydney Morning Herald, Spectrum, Visual Arts Section.
- MARCH 2011 Art Month Blog, Author: Rhianna Walcott.
- MAY 2010 East Side Radio, Arts Program, Author; Nicholas Hose.
- MAY 2010 Das Superpaper, Issue 12, Author; William Sturnock.
- APRIL 2010 Oz Photo Review, 24 April, Author ; Robert McFarlane.
- MAY 2009 Australian Art Review, Editors Choice, PG. 74.
- FEB. 16th 2009 SBS Radio, Arts Section. By Garfield Samuels.
- FEB. 18th 2009 Time Out Magazine, Arts Section. Author Nick Dent.
- FEB. 2009 Australian Art Review (website).
- 10/04/2007 Sydney Morning Herald; Art and Entertainment, Moran Photographic Prize. Author: Robert McFarlane.
- 31/03/2007 Sydney Morning Herald; Open Gallery. Photography and Installation. Author: Clara Iaccarino.